Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I've Got Nothing

I can't write much for today, because the Internet has decided to go down at my apartment building and I'm getting ready to embark on my senior year of college, which begins today at 8:15 a.m.

Fortunately, there isn't much worth writing about. The Twins were trounced 5-0 by the Indians -- the 13th time the Twins have been shut out this season -- and Lew Ford was recalled from Triple-A. Yay.

I have some thoughts on Strib columnist Jim Souhan's article suggesting that Joe Mauer should switch positions (this again???), but I'll save them for tomorrow.

Hope everybody enjoyed the long weekend.

3 comments:

Karlee said...

Souhan really loves that there Joe Mauer right quick.

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a place to react to suggestions that Joe Mauer should move from catcher. It just seems ridiculous. I mean, catcher is one of if not the most important position on the field and catchers like Joe Mauer come along once in a generation. He's had his share of injuries, to be sure, but if there was a time to move him after an injury it was when his knee was battered a couple of years ago. Sure, he's not hitting .350, but he is hitting .300, is one of the best defensive catchers in the game and appears to call a great game. (quick stat check, JM is batting 4th in BA among catchers with >300 AB and is 2nd in fielding pct). As I heard another team's manager say, "you build a franchise around a guy like that". Having said that, I'm of mixed emotions about Torii possibly going elsewhere. So, he's been healthy this season and he's batting very well. But, I recall just last year wondering if HE was too often injured and not worth his salary (despite his amazing glove). And, not that I'm a KJoe Mauer defender to the death, but Torii's obnoxious comments abuot how Mauer isn't tough enough ring hollow when Torii missed his fair share of games playing what most would not term the most strenous position on the field. Okay, I'm done.

Nick N. said...

Well said, Mr./Mrs. Anonymous. I'll weigh in with my own thoughts tomorrow, so you can check back to see if I agree with you (hint: I do).