Sunday, February 19, 2012

Goodbye and Hello

March 3rd will mark the seven-year anniversary of the inaugural post on this blog, back when Nick Mosvick got things off the ground with a Spring Training Preview that detailed the outlook for players like Johan Santana, Brad Radke, Kyle Lohse, J.D. "The Real Deal" Durbin, Matt LeCroy, Jacque Jones and Michael Cuddyer (the third baseman).

Since then, there have been 1,607 articles posted here, covering all the ups and downs of an organization that has alternately thrilled, frustrated and baffled, but never failed to entertain. This outlet has allowed me to chronicle my evolution as a writer, analyst and fan, constantly growing from the knowledge gained through interactions with a loyal and intelligent reader base.

It's been quite a ride, and I'm damn proud of what I've been able to accomplish in this space. So it is with a tinge of sadness that I announce this will be my final post here, at least for the foreseeable future.

No, I'm not retiring from blogging. Instead, I'm migrating to a new site that I've been developing along with the TwinsCentric crew for the past several months. It's called Twins Daily, and it will be the exclusive home of my work and theirs as well (though our posts will continue to appear on StarTribune.com). We hope that it will become the central hub for quality Twins content and conversation on the web.

In short, Twins Daily is a community site that enables a whole new level of user interaction. By registering for a free account, you'll be able to not only read and comment on our blogs, but also create your own blogs and interact with members on our fully functional message board. Columns and forum posts that stand out will be promoted to the front page and appear alongside our stuff.

If you're interested in continuing to follow my work specifically, you can bookmark my personal blog over at TD, which has its own RSS feed (the NicksTwinsBlog.com URL will also direct to that page starting later this week). But I strongly recommend that you make a habit of routinely swinging by the front page, which will be updated daily with fresh content from myself, John Bonnes, Parker Hageman and Seth Stohs, along with the best work from our community of contributors (which, we hope, will include you).

I'm really excited about the next step in this journey. We're going to have a lot of fun over at Twins Daily. See you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. This is a good move for you and the fan base. All our favorite Twins bloggers in one location, and I won't have to miss Nick's Twins Blog per se!

Järpen Fäviken said...

Echoing... Thanks for the head-up, Nick. I'll catch up with you and your new pals at Twins Daily! Cheerios to the Twins community.

Ticket King said...

Love reading other Twins news. Thanks for being such an inspiration, Nick! We love Twins fans and bloggers!