Monday, September 21, 2009

Still In It

I was off the grid this weekend while visiting a friend in San Diego, but returned home (very late) last night to find that the Twins had taken two of three from the Tigers this weekend to move within three games of the AL Central lead. That's obviously a surmountable deficit, but the Twins still have a very challenging path ahead of them as they now hit the road for six games against the White Sox and Royals before traveling to Detroit for what could very well be a decisive four-game series.

I still don't like the Twins chances very much, but they're certainly at the very least we seem headed toward a final few weeks of meaningful baseball, and that's about all I can ask for considering that the Twins looked ready to drop right out of the race just a couple weeks ago.

I'd love to get into greater depth, particularly considering how sparse the posting has been around here as of late, but I'm exhausted after the long weekend. If you're interested, feel free to check out my Daily Dose column at Rotoworld, where I filled in for Aaron Gleeman today.

1 comment:

Schruender said...

Still in it is right. Nick Blackburn is hitting his stride at the right time, and hot pitching is exactly what you need.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to add a clean up hitter who won an MVP too...