Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE!!!

I've already cast my hypothetical votes for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year in each league, but today I must urge every reader over the age of 17 to get out and vote in the far more important presidential and congressional races today. This is an important day that will have a significant impact on the future direction of our country, so please make sure to get out and make your voice heard. I've never used this blog to push my personal political views and I'm not going to start now, so I'll simply encourage everyone to make it out to the polls and vote for whichever candidates you've chosen to support.

We'll get back to Twins-related programming later this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well promoted. To vote is to care. A Nick & Nick site could have done just one more Twinning thing in these times by somehow do some stuff about pros & cons about McCain & Obama. I am from Europe so that sounds like there's no need to tell who I support. I am not not anti-republicans and McCain is the best Rep' runner since Dad Bush, but from the other side of the Atlantic we've had it with this Double You Admin that makes it impossible for the next Prez to be succesfull, either Mac or Barack. The only thing to do in this debt mess is support the next generation's choice and hope it will make a difference. So I sigh: Go'bama!

Peter, some Twins supporter but not pot smoker from Holland.

Anonymous said...

I want to add some other stuff: Renteria; one year deal + 2nd year option. He floats in some environments and drowns in others. Minny might be the next fit. Do not try to sign Orlando, get Edgar.

Same Peter

Anonymous said...

Sigh, if baseball were like politics you could hit a home run 500 feet to center field and be facing negative attack ads about it within hours.

Unfortunately politics is becoming like some baseball people at times. Everyone paying attention only to the stats (poll numbers) and not what's best for the team (country).

Vote, because things won't get any better if nobody cares.

Josh Johnson said...

No to Orlando Cabrera or his running-mate Edgar Renteria. It's time for a change in Twins baseball, and both of these two are too similar to the rest of the retreads that we've been signing in recent years. We need a change, and we need it now. My name is Josh Johnson and I approve this message.

Nick N. said...

No to Orlando Cabrera or his running-mate Edgar Renteria. It's time for a change in Twins baseball, and both of these two are too similar to the rest of the retreads that we've been signing in recent years. We need a change, and we need it now. My name is Josh Johnson and I approve this message.

Nice.