Saturday, May 19, 2007

Twins 8, Brewers 1

Hey all. I don't have a ton of time to post tonight, because I've been out on the the town and I'm pretty exhausted. The Twins picked up an 8-1 victory over the Brewers this evening, thanks to a magnificent pitching performance from Boof Bonser and a clutch grand slam from Torii Hunter. Hunter's home run was classic Torii; he came up with the bases loaded after Capuano had walked two in the inning, and went after the first pitch. Fortunately, it happened to be a very hittable pitch and he deposited it in the left field seats.

Bonser was outstanding, setting a career high for strikeouts with 11 over seven innings of work, while allowing just one run on three hits and a walk. Bonser is now 2-1 with a 3.91 ERA and .246 BAA. Bonser has looked like a very solid No. 2 starter up until this point, and his K/9 rate of 9.95 is simply outstanding.

Tonight Scott Baker makes his first start of the season against Dave Bush, and I'll be in attendance at Miller Park. I hope to be back with a full report tomorrow or Monday on all the action.

3 comments:

Jon Marthaler said...

I want to congratulate you for spelling all words correctly while "exhausted" (by which I mean drunk). :-)

Nick N. said...

Haha, thanks Jon. Tonight should be an even greater challenge, since I'm going to start tailgating at 2 this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember another home run in Friday night's game.

--SBG